Monday 3 September 2007

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer,You Kick Ass

Speaking of stupid decisions, someone elected to buy into the Jacoby Jones hype, picking him up from waivers and full intends to start him come Week One; it might pay off, but sunflowers might also grow from my nose. The player in question has Shaun Alexander and Koolaid Maroney as his halfbacks, but believes that Jones is good enough to warrant dropping Julius Jones. Like I said, stupid decisions are decisions I am happy to take advantage of, so I dropped Oakland's defense for him - I have San Diego, so I'm not worried.

But that's not what this is about. I'm here to pay tribute to one of the most underrated players o the league, a man who has just retired. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will best be remembered for coming off the bench in the 1999 Champion's League final to score for Manchester United and either win them the game or tie it up, I can't remember which, and like I said, he's just retired. With him goes class not often seen in this environment of Chelsea and Arsenal acting like faggots and an impressive set of principles - he could easily have ditched United when he ceased to be a starter, but instead he was happy to stay and be the substitute to end all substitutes. It's a rare occasion you'll find someone willing to do this or their team - and don't quote Peyton Manning restructuring his contract as being something like this; it may be restructured, but he's still earning the same amount as ever so there's no real sacrifice there.

No comments: