Thursday 20 September 2007

Loltrades Part 7

To start with, let me first say that while I detest using anything but Firefox, it's decided that working normally is for sissies and wants me to work for my internet privileges. I don't think it quite realised how willing Opera was to deputise though. Hey ho. I will admit that, in this case, the loltrade is not quite as lolworthy as previously, it seems my opponents are getting smarter. The trade was thus:

To the Swiss Army Soldiers - RB Marion Barber, K Neil Rackers
To Ham-n-Cheese - RB Travis Henry

On the face of it, that doesn't look so bad. Sure, Henry's on pace for a 2000+ rushing yard season, but that can hardly last and Barber gets all of the goal-line touches. He's one of the better fantasy point producers, as it happens, because of that, and the addition of Rackers is just a bonus, right? Wrong. Hideously wrong. Henry may not have a nice couple of games coming up - although Jacksonville no longer seems to be such a scary proposition against the rush - but I do not even come close to needing Rackers, and without him, it's Barber for Henry straight up. If I were missing a credible kicker, I'd be more receptive of this move, but Stephen Gostkowski is more than sufficient for my needs.

Even after I took all of this into consideration, I was still pondering the merit of the move. Then I looked to the side and saw a little sidebar giving details of the last three trades to involve Barber. One of them saw one ambitious owner prise away him, Anquan Boldin and Matt Leinart for Henry and Deion Branch. Compared to that, this looked like a pile of dog crap. In reply, I offered him something else; I think it was Fred Taylor and Greg Jennings for Barber, with a note that I'd consider trading any receiver up to and including the ex-Reggie Brown.

No comments: