Sunday 2 September 2007

More Airplane Food

Every time I see a lawyer on TV, two things occur. First, I think of that chicken lawyer thing from Futurama (Wikipedia calls him the Hyperchicken. I also learnt that the Coney Island Whitefish were alluded to in Luck of the Fryrish, which blew my mind), then I think of the Rich Texan shouting the words "high-faluting". I have not before or since figured out what "high-faluting" means, where it came from - although it's usually part of the sentence "Now I may not be some high-faluting big city law talker" - or even if I just made it up. After that, I generally go on to Single Female Lawyer (fighting for her client, wearing sexy miniskirts and being self-reliant), then on to Single Asian Woman, which is possibly the most racist webcomic on the internet as well as producing the funniest results when edited. But this entry really serves as nothing more than a reminder I need to take a couple of books back to the library and to use "high-faluting" more often. It shall be used to describe someone or something that acts in an excessively upper-class way from here on out.

No comments: