Tuesday 4 September 2007

Team #5 Part Two - The Swiss Army Soldiers

Quarterbacks - One of the reasons the Gore/Henry mistake is so tragic is that I might have the best team in the entire league if things go right. Case in point, I took Philip Rivers in round 4, confident he can be a bonafide starter, and backed him up with Steve McNair later on; it's not a duo that springs out at you, but it's possibly the second-top one out of the twelve teams playing, only rivalled by a Vince Young/Donovan McNabb pairing. I've been told since that Rivers in 4 was a reach, but it's a reach prompted by Tony Romo being drafted at the end of the third round. I might have been able to get him in round 5, but my fifth round pick was T.J. Houshmandzadeh so I'm not complaining at all.

Running Backs - Urgh. Those two, plus the hastily-drafted Brandon Jackson and Greg Jones. Next.

Wide Receivers - OK, this I love. I think I may have one of, if not the best receiving corps in this league. Reggie Wayne and Hooch are going to start for me every week, while Reggie Brown, Brandon Jones and Greg Jennings will be played according to matchups each week. I know a lot of people are enthusing about James Jones for the Packers, who I like mostly because he shares his name with my cousin, but I think starting him would be a mistake for Brett Favre and his band of retirement-home-dodgers. He should really play a slot role like Anthony Gonzalez will in Indy, but what do I know? And why I am asking questions? Nobody's here to answer them.

Tight Ends - TODD HEAP TODD HEAP TODD HEAP. I was told I reached for Toddley when I took him in round 6, but the person who told me that drafted Tony Gonzalez one pick before so what does he know?

Kickers - Stephen Gostkowski was my pick, and I'm surprised he lasted so long. Considering he'll get all manner of extra-points to kick and more than a bucketful of field goals as well, you'd think he'd have been taken earlier. But as always, the stupid are there to be exploited (which was adopted as my family motto in 1812).

Defense - The Broncos' unit got a boost when Simeon Rice signed for them, proving once again that Tampa Bay are retarded in all manner of ways. When a pass rusher can still play, what kind of moronic retard would rel-oh wait, they're owned by the Glazers. Now I can expand my hatred of United to "all Glazer-related products". Good times.

No comments: