Friday 10 August 2007

Loltrades Part 5

OK, I caved. The Indy Shredders player has some very disturbing fetish for Matt Leinart and really, really seemed to want the man - what was I to do BUT exploit this weakness? Originally, the guy proposed a trade to give me Chad Pennington (AGAIN. AGAIN. ROAR) and LaMont Jordan for Leinart and Reche Caldwell, something I rejected because it was cobblers (or more accurately, a bit shit. It wasn't bad, considering I have no backup running back, but eh. What you going to do?) On the advice of some people I have never and will never met, I elected to attempt a mildly-ridiculous coup of my own; Leinart for DeAngelo Williams and Pennington. It obviously got shut down, but to his credit, he didn't take the chance to decry me as a communist or a gay. More fool on the man, I say, but to each his own. Instead, he came back asking only for Sidney Rice to be added to the trade. Since Dwayne Bowe was sitting blissfully on the free agent market, losing Rice was hardly a crippling blow, and so the Shredders probably got robbed.

It was only after I'd accepted the trade that I realised what a mistake I'd made. I'd been thinking of Pennington in terms of being Tom Brady's bye-week backup, and could happily dump J.P. Losman for good (good riddance that is); too late did I actually look at their respective schedules and realise that now both of my quarterbacks are on byes in Week 10. I was not pleased - miffed is a more appropriate word. Note also that Caldwell and Andre Johnson are not playing that week either, and that only exacerbates the problem (also Shaun of the Dead is a teaching film. Tell your friends). I'm a very stupid man.

1 comment:

david santos said...

Great text. Thank you